MASSAGE FOR STRESS/WORK RELATED CONDITIONS
As you probably know, work and stress can take its toll on you, not just physically but also mentally, emotionally and energetically. Find out how massage can effectively help to relieve, ease and heal stress and work related conditions.
Stress And It’s Effect On The Body
Did you know that stress is one the biggest killers in the western world. Stress is one of the major contributing factors either directly or indirecty to heart disease, respiratory disorders, cancer, muscle conditions, mental disorders, headaches, migraines and many other conditions and illnesses.
Stress is a state of tension that is created when someone finds it hard to cope with the demands and pressures of life. There are many different causes of stress, such as relationships, finances and work. Stress builds up over time and can manifest physically and psychologically. On a physical level stress can manifest as excessive tension within the muscles, commonly through the head, neck, upper shoulders and back. It can lead to headaches, migraines, insomnia and high blood pressure. On a psychological level stress can lead to irritability, lack of concentration, a decrease in energy levels, frustration, anger and even anxiety and depression.
Work And Its Effect On The Body
There are many types of jobs that can lead to stress and many other conditions. Office workers and other people who work at a laptop or computer are presented with many different conditions in addition to stress such as neck, shoulder and back pain, headaches, migraines, sciatica, R.S.I, carpal tunnel syndrome and many other conditions.
People who work at jobs that are on their feet or who have jobs that are very physically demanding and involve a lot of heavy lifting can result in many other types of conditions as well, such as plantar fasciitis, hip, knee, leg and lower back pain, muscle cramps, tennis elbow, frozen shoulder and a myriad of other musculoskeletal conditions.
The 4 Major Causes Of Muscle Conditions And Pain In The Workplace
There are 4 major causes of muscle pain and muscle related conditions in the workplace
- Stress – Stress is one of the major contributors to many different conditions such as headaches, migraines, anxiety, depression & muscle pain, soreness & tightness. Managing stress as best as you can is important to everyone no matter what sort of job you have
- Posture – In your job and also through your daily life the way that you sit, stand, walk and sleep has a major effect on the health of your muscles and entire body. The most classic example is that of office workers. They sit all day long, working at the computer and there is a tendency to hunch forward. Over time the muscles in the neck, upper shoulders, back and chest become tight, creating tension, leading to muscle imbalances and resulting in muscle pain, headaches and migraines. It is important for you to be aware of your posture, managing it as best as you can
- Repetitive and Excessive Physical Exertion – A lot of jobs require a lot of repetitive tasks that can literally go on for the entire day. An example of this could be typing or using the mouse at the computer which could result in R.S.I and pain in the hands, wrists, arms, neck, shoulders and back. On the other hand, some jobs are quite physical in nature and put a lot of stress on the body. An example of this are jobs that require a lot of heavy lifting. This can result in many different conditions such as back, hip and leg pain as well as sciatica.
- Excessive Static Positions – Many jobs tend to force the body to stay in static positions for an excessive amount of time. For office workers, they tend to have to sit for most of the day. Truck drivers also sit and drive around all night and day long. Someone who works at the checkout in a store may be standing for the entire day. These are a few classic examples of jobs that require you to stay in the same sort of position for an extended period of time. The body likes to move. It is doesn’t like to stay in the same position for too long. If you work in these types of jobs then it is important that you get up or walk around a bit and have a bit of a stretch every half an hour or so. If your posture is not great then there is a chance that you will eventually suffer from some sort of muscle pain, ache or tightness which could lead to more serious conditions in the long run.
At the end of the day most jobs put a tremendous amount of stress throughout the muscles and structures of the entire body. It is usually a combination of stress, posture, repetitive and excessive physical exertion and excessive static positions that leads to muscle pain, soreness and tightness as well as other muscle related conditions. It is important to look after yourself as best as you can.
The Best Way To Get Rid Of Stress, Muscle Pain, Aches And Tightness
One of the best ways to decrease and manage your stress levels as well as get rid of muscle aches, pain, soreness and tightness is by getting regular massages. A lot of tension can develop throughout the muscles of the entire body, particularly in the head, neck, shoulders and back due to a combination of the above causes. Over time tension builds up. Being aware of your posture and correcting it will help a lot as well as exercising and stretching on a regular basis, however, a lot of the time it’s not enough to completely get rid of the cause of your muscle aches and pains. That is where a deep tissue massage comes in. A lot of the time it is tension deep within the muscles that is the cause of muscle aches and pains. Getting rid of this excess tension within your body will help you tremendously. Massage, especially the deeper styles of massage such as remedial massage and deep tissue massage will effectively help you to:
- Get rid of and eliminate your muscle aches, pain, soreness and tightness
- Decrease and relieve your symptoms of stress, anxiety and depression
- Alleviate and potentially completely get rid of your headaches and migraines
- Improve your posture, flexibility and mobility
- Have a deeper, healthier, rejuvenating sleep
- Increase your energy levels
- Elevate your mood
- Improve your overall physical, mental and emotional health and vitality
Latest posts by Tim Zyphin (see all)
- Divine Love – Light Language Activation And Blessing - March 7, 2017
- 2017 Divine Mother Divine Father Shamanic Light Language Blessing - January 13, 2017
- December Solstice 2016 Light Language Activation - December 21, 2016