TOP 7 REASONS WHY ATHLETES NEED MASSAGE AND HOW IT CAN ENHANCE YOUR PERFORMANCE
If you are an athlete, play any type of sport or perform some form of physical activity, whether it be running, swimming, walking, sprinting, weightlifting, bodyweight exercises, martial arts, going to the gym or perhaps just some yoga or pilates, whatever form of physical activity it is, then listen up. Here are the top 7 reasons why athletes like you need and should get massages on a regular basis.
- Massage gets rid of muscle aches and pains – Exercise is important for everyone and being physically active yourself you know how much better you feel after a good workout. But a lot of the time, especially if you are pushing your body to the limit, you can be left feeling sore. This is normal and is called D.O.M.S which stands for Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness. But after a while your body can start to develop aches and pains. Massage can help to alleviate and get rid of these aches and pains and quickly stop them in their tracks.
- Massage increases flexibility and range of motion – When you exercise you are stimulating the muscles in your body, strengthening them and keeping them in optimal health and vitality. What some people don’t realize is that you are also placing tremendous stress on your muscles and soft tissues as well. Over time your muscles will become tighter and tighter if you don’t do something to counteract it. Massage will help you to get rid of your muscle tightness, get your muscles nice and supple, improve your flexibility, movement and range of motion.
- Massage prevents strains and injuries due to excessive muscle tension – Exercise will naturally tighten up the muscles in your body. If you continue to exercise and push your body without doing anything to release the extra tension that has developed in your muscles then it will eventually lead to muscle imbalances, aches and pains and worst of all a full blown injury or strain. Massage will help you to keep your body supple, in balance and prevent unnecessary strains, pain and injuries from occurring which will allow you to continue practicing and enjoying the sports, exercises and leisurely and physical activities that you love.
- Massage helps to detoxify the body from toxins and wastes – In your day to day life and especially when exercising, “toxins” or waste products are released from your cells and excreted outside the cells membrane. Through muscle activity the cells and spaces between the cells are squeezed and the toxins and wastes are pumped and directed to the lymphatic system to be processed. Massage helps to get rid of these excess toxins and waste at a much faster rate than normal, accelerating the detoxification process.
- Massage aids quicker recovery from workouts – After an intense workout session your body can be very sore for days. Because massage helps to get rid of toxins and waste products it also helps in your recovery from workouts as well, improving your circulation and delivering oxygen and nutrition to the cells much more efficiently. It will also help to promote a healthier, deeper more restful sleep, simultaneously helping your muscles and your entire body to recover, refresh, regenerate and rejuvenate even faster.
- Massage heals injuries faster – I know how frustrating it can be to be injured. The great thing is that massage can really help to speed up your recovery time. Not only will massage speed up the bodies natural self-healing processes, it will also compensate for lack of exercise due to the injury and will support the tissues and muscles to become stronger and healthier. Scar tissue can also develop which will limit your flexibility and range of motion thus limiting your performance. It is very important to make sure that you get some regular massage to get rid of this scar tissue to prevent future injuries from occurring.
- Massage improves your athletic performance – In addition to all the amazing benefits previously discussed, regular massages will help to dramatically improve your performance. Having a strong, yet supple body is important for all athletes. If you have any excess tension throughout your body it will eventually lead to muscle imbalances, pain and worst of all a full blown injury. Don’t let this happen to you. Keep on top of your health by getting regular massages to get rid of the excess tension within your body and keep yourself in balance and in peak physical condition. Not only will your performance improve but you will also feel more energetic, focused and feel a lot better physically, mentally and emotionally.
Latest posts by Tim Zyphin (see all)
- Divine Love – Light Language Activation And Blessing - March 7, 2017
- 2017 Divine Mother Divine Father Shamanic Light Language Blessing - January 13, 2017
- December Solstice 2016 Light Language Activation - December 21, 2016